Thursday 31 March 2011

Eating insects

Apparently I am in the minority because I dont eat insects.

Something like 80% of the worlds population eats insects as part of their daily diet.

The thought of tucking into a beetle or moth or locust disgusts me, yet I heartily enjoy eating sea insects like shrimp, prawns, crab etc.

How can I undo the cultural conditioning my brain has been subject to so that I might be able to enjoy land insects in the future without being sick?

mmm... food for thought, no?

1 comment:

  1. I would suggest that you probably DO eat insects. Teeny tiny ones that are found in most flours, cereals, and other packaged goods. In the US, I've heard that the Food and Drug Administration even has an allowable limit of bug parts/feces (ewww) for flours, etc. It may be an urban legend but I'm not going to research it now. And I suspect that you, and the vast majority of humans, would eagerly eat insects if that's all that was available.

    ReplyDelete

Speed Learning Guitar

Practising the guitar is all about getting better at it. Repetition is necessary but repeat too much and progress can stop, as I found out. ...