Monday 3 January 2011

Middle Age and Happiness

I read this Economist report recently about middle age and happiness from which I quote  "People are least happy in their 40s and early 50s." Well I'm 43 now, and over the last few years I have had cause to reflect on my own state of happiness, or lack thereof. I'm not blue all the time, mainly during the week I suppose, when I'm work-tired  - although I do struggle with purpose most of the time and they say that if you don't have any achievable goals in sight... blah blah.

When I think back a bit, i'm sure I have always had goals or achievable ambitions, through my 20s and mid 30s. i dont remember ever having long term goals though, so maybe, having achieved all my modest goals, I've simply ran out? Doh!

bah, maybe I shouldnt read so much crap? according to this graph, I've got another 7 years of misery at least before I start climbing out of the U-Bend!!


fuck!

heres the report (safe to read if you're over 50 i guess)
(http://www.economist.com/node/17722567)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speed Learning Guitar

Practising the guitar is all about getting better at it. Repetition is necessary but repeat too much and progress can stop, as I found out. ...