Friday 22 October 2010

Wooden chopping Boards kill bacteria

I have always loved real wood, especially English oak, ash, beech and maple to name a few.
I have long thought that my wooden chopping board was self curing to a degree but only recently did i try to find some evidence to support that idea.

And I quote:  'EVERY now and then a scientific finding flies in the face of conventional wisdom. And so it was with an accidental discovery By microbiologists at an American university that wooden cutting boards kill food-poisoning bacteria that survive very nicely on the plastic boards that have been widely promoted for years as safer than wood. '

from this webpage: http://www.woodworkforums.com/f11/wood-kills-bacteria-775/

and another web page here:
http://www.rhtubs.com/wood-bacteria.htm

1 comment:

  1. I know a place in Soho where you can get "Real Wood" if you love it that much

    ReplyDelete

Speed Learning Guitar

Practising the guitar is all about getting better at it. Repetition is necessary but repeat too much and progress can stop, as I found out. ...